«Be part of Mail Me Art 2 – now open for submissions!
How to submit your mail art: Mail Me Art 2 will run for around 6-8 months. If you’re after some inspiration, you can see examples of work from the first Mail Me Art project here».
«So what’s in it for you?
At the end of each month there will be a signed copy of the book, Mail Me Art: Going Postal with the World’s Best Illustrators and Designers, plus an art-related prize given away to the artist of our favourite submission for that month. We are also hoping that there will be a follow up book and if there are enough submissions we will run another exhibition. As before, artists will receive 70% from the sale of their mail art, less any gallery commission incurred. Money from the book and/or sponsorship will be used to cover the cost of organizing and hiring the gallery; artists will not be asked to contribute to the cost of the exhibition. Click here to see photos from the Mail Me Art exhibition held in April 2009 in London». [exemple ci-dessous].
«Before starting on your submission(s), please take time to read the important points below:
• As before, there is no limit on the size, shape or media that may be used.
• Please put your name and email address clearly on the outside of the artwork.
• Write "empty" or "open me" on the mail art so that we know whether we need to look inside.
• No offensive or obscene images or text may be used. If you’re not sure whether something is offensive, then it probably is!
• The exterior of the envelope, postcard, box or package is the artwork, please do not place it inside an additional envelope.
• One piece of mail art per artist may be sent each month. If more than one piece is sent each month, the first piece received by us will be the one considered for the monthly prize.
• If you are sending work from outside the UK or Europe, please make sure that the customs declaration shows the value of the piece as $0, as we are unable to pay the high import taxes that are often charged on items entering the UK. We look forward to receiving your work!».
The address to send your work to is:
Mail Me Art
37 Thames Court
Découvrez le livre de 224 pages "Mail Me Art: Going Postal with the World's Best Illustrators and Designers" de Darren Di Lieto, paru en mars 2009. Ce livre regroupe une bonne partie des envois de MailArt reçus pour la première édition.
Living in USA, please use this LINK to buy this book.
Living in Canada, please use this LINK to buy this book.
Living in United Kingdom, please use this LINK to buy this book.